Note: This page only applies to the period before 1 January 2019 (before PAYE Modernisation)
SimplePay supports the importing of P2C files to add or update employees. Where P2C information is available for an employee, the file must be uploaded to ensure that tax and USC are correctly calculated.
Add Employees in Bulk via P2C Import
We recommend using this method to add employees as it ensures that all of their details and previous employment information, if applicable, are captured on the system from the start. You can add employees via P2C as follows:
- Go to Employees > Bulk Actions > Add / Update Employees (under P2C Import).
- Click Choose File.
- Select the CSV file you exported from ROS – please only upload files in .csv format that were originally downloaded from ROS and have not been edited in any way.
- Click Upload.
- Select a pay frequency from the first drop-down menu. You could also select a pay point from the second drop-down menu if it is applicable.
- Ensure that the box in the Add column is ticked for all employees that should be assigned to the selected pay frequency (and pay point).
- Enter an Appointment Date for all employees to be added since this information will not be imported from the P2C.
- Click Save.
- The process from step 5 onwards could then be repeated for all other payment frequencies.
Update Employees in Bulk via P2C Import
If you have already added employees but still need to capture their tax information, you can do so in bulk by going to Employees > Bulk Actions > Upload Tax Details (under P2C Import).
If you want to update employees for whom you have already imported a P2C previously, you can do this by following the steps in the adding employees section above.
Both of the above actions can also be performed individually by clicking on Edit Info > Tax Information > P2C Upload on their profile. Please see the following article for more information:
When updating employees via P2C, please ensure that you have entered PPSNs for your employees and that they match those contained in the file.