An employee who works abroad may be issued with an Exclusion Order, which exempts them from PAYE and USC. An RPN will not be available for employers where an Exclusion Order is in effect. In the absence of the RPN, the employer will operate the Exclusion Order granted by Revenue.
To enable the Exclusion Order option:
- Go to Settings > Advanced > General
- Select the Allow Exclusion Orders checkbox
- Click Save.
Once you have enabled the Exclusion Order option for your company, you need to indicate that an employee currently has an Exclusion Order. To do this:
- Go to Employees and select the relevant employee
- Click on Edit Info > Basic Info
- Select the Exclusion Order checkbox
- Click Save
No PAYE or USC will be calculated for the employee for as long as the Exclusion Order is enabled on the employee’s Basic Info screen.