You can import clocking information from various providers into SimplePay as follows:
- Go to Employees > Bulk Actions > Clocking System Import
- Select the pay frequency for which you want to import the data – if you have more than one, a separate import will need to be performed for each of them
- Select the correct pay period
- Select the format you would like to use
- Click Choose File and select your clocking file
- Click Upload
When you upload your clocking file for the first time, you will need to map the information in the file to the relevant items in SimplePay. When using a clocking file format that requires you to set up mappings, please take note of the following:
- Columns in the CSV file can only be mapped to regular items with payslip inputs, e.g. Basic Salary which has inputs for hours worked.
- The regular item will need to be added to the payslip before the mapping is done
Once your file has uploaded successfully, follow the steps below:
- Click on Mapping Settings
- Allocate each column to its respective payslip item
- Upload the file again as above – this second upload is only necessary when setting up mappings
Once the file has been uploaded, the data will be displayed for you to verify. If you are happy that it is all correct, click Save. The system will then calculate the employees’ pay amounts accordingly.