If you no longer wish to use SimplePay but have historical data that you may need to access (for example, while you are migrating to another system), we don’t recommend deleting your account. Instead, you can:
- Make your employees inactive on the system by ending their service so that you do not get charged for them; or
- Close your account on SimplePay. Ensure you have no outstanding balance and have not selected the check-box to close your account immediately. You will then have read-only access to your account for 3 months, after which the account will automatically be frozen. See more detailed steps below.
- Request for your account to be frozen. You will have access to your account for 3 months, after which the account will automatically be frozen.
If you are certain that you do not need any of the data in your SimplePay account, you can:
- Close your account on SimplePay.
To close your account, click on the Profile icon > Billing and select the Billing Preferences tab. Click on the Need to close your account? link. Select a reason for closing your account from the drop-down menu. You can add further information into the Additional feedback field. This is optional. If you would like to close your account immediately, tick the check-box Close account immediately? A pop-up will then appear, where you can Confirm or Cancel this request. The pop-up will contain a message with one of the following outcomes:
- If there is no outstanding balance on your account, you will have read-only access for three months before you lose local access to your account data.
- If there is no outstanding balance on your account and you wish to close your account immediately, you will immediately lose access to your account data and will be unable to log back into your account.
- If you have an outstanding balance amount on your account and you wish to close your account immediately, you will have read-only access until payment has been made.
Note: You must be a Full Access user in order to close your SimplePay account. Refer to this page for more information on user roles.
- Request that your account be closed immediately.
Requests for accounts to be frozen or closed should be made in writing by a full access user on the profile, however we strongly recommend closing your account using the steps above. To request your account to be frozen or closed, click on the Help icon in the top right corner when logging into SimplePay and then go to Support. Any outstanding payments have to be made to SimplePay by no later than seven (7) days from the date of termination, as per our Terms of Service.